Recurring Payment allows you to sell products, services or subscriptions and automatically charge customers over a specified period of time and with a specified sum. Also, you can break down the total price of the product into smaller monthly costs. fesh. allows you add free or paid trial period and several payment frequency.
Recurring payments feature supports 2 payment methods:
- PayPal Express Checkout
First, we need to create available Recurring Payment profiles and then add them to a product.
1. Create Recurring Payment profiles
- Go to System - Recurring Payment profiles
- Press "pencil button" to edit or "+ button" in top right corner to create a new profile
There are two main sections here - Recurring Profile and Trial Profile:
- Price - product price
- Duration - period of time during which the recurring payments will be performed. For unlimited duration that the customer can cancel on their own, leave this at “0”.
- Cycle - the cycle determines the frequency of the payments
- Frequency - payment frequency. If you want to charge customers once every three weeks, set the Cycle to “3” and the Frequency to Week.
- Trial price
- Trial duration
- Trial cycle
- Trial frequency
- Trial status
Now, you can assign these Recurring Payment profile to products:
2. Add Recurring Payment profile to a product
- Go to Catalog - Products
- Press "pencil button" to edit or "+ button" in top right corner to create a new product
- Open Tax settings in Price block and select the Recurring Payment profile you need for this product